Friday 8 April 2011

Letraset Love

The funny thing about my clear-outs is that many of my friends, family and colleagues are doing the same thing. So, my unwanted stuff makes its way into new appreciative hands and in turn their stuff comes my way. My friends Bob and Michelle are talented musicians, designers, and artists. Michelle was the happy recipient of a stack of 51 textile journals plus a few vintage suitcases. When she told me that she and Bob had a few things for me, I didn't expect that it would require several trips between their car and my front door. This box of vintage Letraset was among the treasures. Aaaaaack!!! I love Letraset and I can't wait to put it to use. 

What I appreciate most about these exchanges is that we "get" each other. As creative folk, we understand how a particular font, template, object, or book would thrill the other person. To those who don't know or "get" us, we are unique creatures. It's a wonderful thing to "get" someone and appreciate his or her idiosyncrasies.

No comments: