Friday 29 July 2011

Zigzag afghans

Baby, it's hot outside! So, what am I doing dreaming of candy-coloured zigzag afghans? We finally have heat and humidity and I'm being a team-player with this whole summer thing--after all, we only have heat for about two or three months of the year. As a redhead, I prefer cooler weather, but I'm being a good sport, OK? This doesn't stop me from fantasizing about curling up under this happy afghan. Last winter I even bought some yarn to teach myself how to crochet. It's possible that I may even get the hang of it to make a zigzag scarf, but I may not have the patience to make a large afghan. I'm waiting for cooler weather to go back to learning how to crochet. My wise sister-in-law has a rule not to "poach" on her seasonal hobbies: no knitting in summer for her! Smart rule.

1 comment:

finger thumb said...

You could totally do this. I might take a long time, but you'd be surprised what you can get done in the evenings while you watch TV. Give it a shot!