Wednesday 6 June 2012

Sketchbook Review II

Hands collage © Karen Thiessen 2012
Reviewing old sketchbooks is an interesting exercise. I see old things in new light. I connect past to present to launch new work. I see patterns of thinking and yearning. Synchronicity is at work in the review process. While sorting through old office files (procrastinating constructively) I found this quote:
"I called [Bob Dylan]. ... I said, "I am totally wigged out and I don't know what I am supposed to be doing, and I've got a lot of pressure to incorporate what's going on." He said, "Go back to your roots. Take out the albums that you loved and play those songs. Get your band together and rehearse those songs, and then you will start writing." And that's what I did." – Sheryl Crow, Rolling Stone, October 31, 2002.

No comments: