Thursday 6 September 2012

Lobster with Sandra Brownlee

Supper table @ Sandra Brownlee's; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2012
One highlight of my 2012 Nova Scotia trip was a studio visit with Sandra Brownlee. She showed me what she was working on in her studio and then she let me explore it on my own and photograph whatever I wanted while she prepared a lobster supper for us. In a future post I'll share images of her studio. Isn't Sandra's supper table beautiful?
Supper table with lobsters @ Sandra Brownlee's; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2012
I love all the colourful textiles that adorn the chairs and table. 
Lobster @ Sandra Brownlee's; Photo credit: Karen Thiessen, 2012
Another highlight of my trip was eating lobster for the first time since I was eight years old. Lobster prices are very affordable this year. Sandra showed my hubby and me how to eat them. Without her instructions, we would have been lost. We wore huge vintage embroidered French linens as bibs, but we still got soaked from the lobster juices. The lobster meal was delicious and fun. How sad that my hubby and I lived in Halifax four years and not once ate lobster.

2 comments: