Monday 23 September 2013

Halifax & Chester

Edna restaurant; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Edna is a new addition to Gottingen Street in Halifax. The decor is hip and trendy. Inside and outside, the space is eye candy.
Chester Basin; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
A bench overlooking the Chester Basin is one of my favourite places on earth. It's where I feel calm, whole, at peace. My husband and I pack a simple picnic lunch and eat it sitting on the hunter green bench. Seagulls circle overhead, ocean breezes keep us cool, and smells of seaweed and salty air complete our experience. All of this surprises me. I'm more of a walk around town gal. I'm not good at sitting in nature. Thirty minutes on this bench refuels and grounds me.
CNR logo; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
A rusty old train car sits idle forever more in front of the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 in Halifax. I love the slightly irregular font, evidence of the hand.

No comments: