Wednesday 18 June 2014

Intuitive mark-making: Tracing shadows

PussyWillow shadows © Karen Thiessen, 2014
I've now surpassed 100 days in a row of intuitive mark-making. Some days I am tired and would rather skip the drawing, but I persist. It's on the days that I lack motivation that I make new discoveries. My parents came for a weekend visit and I wanted to visit while fulfilling my intuitive mark-making commitment. I balanced a pussywillow branch on a mug at the dining room table and proceeded to trace its shadow over and over again. I love the lines.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wonderful! I did that on my flight to Pam's last month. Well, didn't trace pussywillows, rather the shape of the sun's reflection thru the window as it changed positions. Enjoy!

jeanne hewell-chambers said...

I love those lines, too. They're fun and intriguing. I take photos of shadows. Maybe I'll sketch a bit instead.