Friday 19 September 2014

Studio Series: Lent drawings & more

An accumulation of Lent drawings © Karen Thiessen, 2014
Today marks 200 days since the beginning of Lent and this intuitive mark-making practice. Lately I've gone through a lot of acrylic ink as you can see from this pile of drawings. FW acrylic artists' inks offer a consistent quality. They cost more than other acrylic inks, but are worth it. 
Lent drawing & triangles quilt square © Karen Thiessen, 2014
The circles drawing in the above image is on an envelope with a subtle security pattern. I have a large collection of security patterns and not all of them are that interesting on their own, but they provide a nice background for my Lent drawings. To the right is my first attempt at piecing with triangles. I have more waiting to be sewn. I'm curious to see how I can push the triangle and how I will integrate it with other techniques.

No comments: