Friday 21 November 2014

Studio Series: Screen prints 2

Screen print 4 © Karen Thiessen, 2014
In my screen print class I've been testing patterns that I designed while learning Adobe Illustrator. Since there are so many, I've been exposing my screens with two patterns. By the end of ten weeks, I'll have tested eight patterns. I'm only printing papers for the purposes of collage, so I don't need large prints of each pattern. Above is a Zig Zag and Dots duo on a security-patterned envelope.
Screen print 5 © Karen Thiessen, 2014
The same Dots pattern on one of my acrylic ink/Chartpak marker Lent drawings.
Screen print 3 © Karen Thiessen, 2014
Here's a less successful print of a Spiral/Waves duo on a colour copy of a textile that I pieced together from fragments of old kimonos.

I bought a pack of 100 acetates and have been playing with making marks with a variety of materials on them. I'm curious to see how they will translate to prints on paper. 

1 comment:

Judy Martin said...

I would love to take this class.


screen print 5 appeals to me.