Friday 4 December 2015

Studio: collage table

Collage table; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2015
Good things are happening in the studio. Jane Hill's love of black-and-white has rubbed off on me. I've returned to using low tech techniques to design patterns and black-and-white is the way to go. I'm a pro at turning suboptimal situations into assets. Six months ago my beloved nine-year-old Adobe Creative Suite (a legal program that I paid for) locked me out. This has worked in my favour: making patterns by hand with glue stick and scissors is fun, deeply engaging, and has fuelled my imagination in ways that working digitally doesn't.

1 comment:

Judy Martin said...

For some reason this post makes me happy.
I love digital - but i really do think that our hands think better without the mouse or keyboard -

xo